Anonymous

Do they 'win' if I leave?

Work in a terrible, toxic workplace. If they like you it's fine, if they don't you will never fit in and everyone will be turned against you. This is my situation at work now. If i leave and get another job - doesn't that mean they win?? they get rid of you and are happy you are not around the building day to day anymore....how can I make it feel like I win if i leave - I feel like I'm giving them what THEY want.

It's more the senior collegues and a few my level - not management who could fire me I'm referring too

It's not about who wins. It's about what's best for YOU.

Win? Lose? This isn't a competition. It's your well-being. If YOU want to leave, then do so--get out from under the toxicity and stress--and move on. Forget about who wins or loses here--it's not the real issue. If you don't want to leave, then you will need to figure out how to solve the problems and fix the situations in order to stay. The only thing that really matters is how YOU feel about what you are doing--what they think, and feel, and whether or not they "win" or not isn't your issue. 

Who cares If  "they" win.   YOU need to do what's best for you!

god bless

• Technically they win if you leave, you're giving into their clique behavior. But this shouldn't matter and you're starting to sound like a Charlie Sheen who always thought he was 'winning'. If you have to have that attitude, you're not going to get very far. If you want to leave and you need the money, try to stick it out until you can get a better job.

• Judy

Worry about whether YOU win, that's what should matter to you.

There is no win or loose. There is employment or no job.

Isn't getting a job that you enjoy more "winning"?

- wouldn't it be great if you took the skills you learned on this job and got a BETTER job with a higher income....

Who cares what they want?   Worry about what YOU want.

Staying in a toxic job just to piss someone else off is both illogical and childish.  

If you actually thought you were a good employee, you would know that they lose when you leave.

Consider therapy. 

• Amy

Don't think of it as a zero-sum game. Them getting what they want doesn't mean that you can't also get what you want.

OR

Be satisfied that whatever this exclusionary workplace is, by driving away good workers and lacking diversity they will perform poorly and eventually go out of business.

If they didn't want you there they would fire you.