Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 months ago

Now that Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur is he right or no?

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett again alleged that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph used a racial slur toward him just prior to the brawl at the end of their November game.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett told Outside the Lines' Mina Kimes during an interview that debuted Thursday night on SportsCenter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'"

The star defensive player first asserted during his appeals hearing for the suspension that Rudolph incited him with a racial slur, ESPN previously reported. Garrett later said he never intended for the accusation to become public but added: "I know what I heard."

On Thursday, Garrett told Kimes that he didn't want the allegation to become public "because I didn't want to try to use it as justification for my actions, 'cause there's nothing to justify. Like there's, there's nothing that I can say or do to justify what I did on that day. ... [But] I know what I heard."

An NFL spokesman said at the time that the league "found no such evidence" that Rudolph used the slur, and the suspension was upheld.

Rudolph has called the allegation "totally untrue."

The NFL suspended Garrett indefinitely for ripping Rudolph's helmet off and hitting him in the head with it during the Browns' 21-7 win on Nov. 14. The incident ended up costing Garrett the final six games of the regular season and roughly $1.2 million in pay, plus a fine of $45,623.

Garrett was reinstated by the league Wednesday.

• Since I wasn't one of the  22 Players on The Field at the time, how would I know? Has anyone from The Steelers or Browns offered proof that Mason Rudolph didn't use that Racial Slur? Has anyone from The Steelers or Browns offered proof that Mason Rudolph did use that Racial Slur? Until then we have to take the word of Garrett or Rudolph? Would you trust the word of either one?

We don't know if he's right. The only people who know are Garrett & Rudolph. Rudolph will never admit to it, so it's a matter of what you can prove. 

There is no evidence whatsoever to support Garrett's allegation. None. We might as well call him "Jussie Garrett." Besides, even if it was said, it would not be justification to hit another player over the head with a helmet.

What does restating it have to do with anything? If you thought it was a lie back then you are going to think it is true NOW because he said it again? It's not like it is hard to repeat a single lie. I get the idea of if a story stays consistent, but this isn't a long enough narrative to use that defense of proof. I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now. When they talked to his teammates they said he never told them about it. I also truly believe that a guy like Garret had heard that and worse on the field. How would Rudolph saying it cause Garrett to try to hit Rudolph with his own helmet? I could see it leading to the ripping off the helmet, or even punching Rudolph out of a rage.

• Alex Jones4 months agoReport

You think white players calling black players the n word is commonplace? lol

Poor little hot head!When all else fails use the race card.Funny how his own teammates didn't take his side.

I do not believe his side of the story because Rudolph would have trouble staying on the Steelers if it was true

• Alex Jones4 months agoReport

Riley Cooper said the n word and he was on the Eagles for years after even though he was a below average WR.

Doesn't matter if he is right or wrong.He is comeing back in the league.If he is called a racist name it doesn't give him the ok to act the way he did.

• Bob

I don't think it's true for a number of reasons.

All I know is that it’s a shame if true.