Need help with my computer, please help?

First problem i had was the computer is becoming unresponsive if i leave it idle for an extended period of time, only thing that works is the mouse... This only happens very randomly, i could use the computer for 13 hours and nothing happens. Then next day i use it, i go to make a coffee and the issue appears when i come back... and i got to hard rese it... next probelm i've had and it only happened twice is Hi my computer turns off and restarts for no apparent reason. this is all event viewer says is it's a kernal Issue. Now the latest problem that has happened is on windows login it only should 1/4 the screen, the rest was black... and it froze except for the mouse any idea why these things are happening before i RMA my pc?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

This has all the hallmarks of a hardware failure. It could be any number of things but your description hints at a overheat problem. A computer will shut itself off if it gets hot in certain parts. Thats thermal protection built in. A failing power supply can do these things. Best to have it looked at if you are not good with these things. One thing you could do in windows is check the power plan settings. The idle part might be the system shutting parts down according to the power plan selected in settings. Look at the advanced section of power settings and it will show what it shuts down and when and you can change it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

sounds like a failing power supply unit , this might be causing the cpu to run hot due to the fan speed being too low , download speccy and /or speedfan to check what's going on

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Friend it so easy to download the Windows 10 media installation tool and to make a bootable USB. Then take your pictures and your documents and save them onto an external hard drive save your favorites also. Then reinstall Windows 10 it will automatically reactivate. takes every bit of about 20 minutes and then you can just drop your information back in the folders where they belong. now this will not help you if you have a hard drive that is old and it's going bad or if you have a ram stick that's old and going bad but there is utilities you can download that are free tip perform a check on your hard drive and on your RAM to rule out physical problems before you do a reinstallation

• Lv 7
    5 months ago

if it is a new pc, you should return it.

if you've had it for a few months, you should run chkdsk with recovery option on c: drive.

and you have to be careful with laptops. you cannot just carry them around. you need to treat them like eggs. the hard drive is very fragile.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

it needs the attention of a technician. unless it is new within past 30 days, RMA isn't the likely solution. Ask maker's support people for help [see their website]

• 5 months ago

Use the Sleep option in the Off menu at the bottom left of the screen.

Check your Temp folder and Recycle bin to see if they are over full.

Check what programs are open.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.