Relationship Budgeting Help! ?

Mine and my boyfriend’s monthly outgoing as a couple are £1,500 a month including food spends, bills and rent. He feels because he earns less than me and the house is “technically” mine that he should only pay me £60 a week towards these costs and because I work longer hours and have work bloody hard to be at the level I’m at that I should apparently cover £1,260 a month. My monthly income is £2,500 whilst his is £1,300. Does this actually seem fair to anyone, as I’m also expected to pay for all meals out and day trips? He claims because he does most of the driving he shouldn’t have to pay for dinner 😂

This is how it is these days... men act like big *******, not traditional men who provide and protect.

I wouldn't even continue seeing the guy. And if he isn't making enough money, maybe he can get a second part time job?

• Teal

He makes a lot less than you. He could definitely afford to pay more, but he is never going to be able to contribute equally to your expenses. I don't think money is the root of the problem. You are going to be supporting him no matter what, so you need to consider how he contributes in other ways. Does he take on more household chores? Can you rely on him when things are hard? Is your life better and easier with him in it?  If you add up all the non-financial ways he contributes and still find him lacking, it's time to move on.

You have a very selfish boyfriend. I would suggest that he should be contributing at least 500/month.  There seems to be no love involved on his part, otherwise he would be willing to make financial sacrifices.