promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 2 months ago

Could anyone recommend a good book for someone just starting out trying to learn about the theory of evolution?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Campbell Biology, 7th edition or newer

Evolution for Dummies by Greg Krukonis (when you get to the sidebar about gomphotheres, skip it.  The author's brain must have been on vacation that day.)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

human biology, the biography of gregor mendel, the biography of louis pasteur, human genetics, physiology and anatomy, story of watson and crick discovering DNA. 

since we are human, we have both a mind and a body, so we have a spiritual and a material nature.

this means psychology and biology are interrelated: "introduction to physiological-psychology". we think this way because we are human.

without an environment, there is no life; every life has an environment: ocean science, atmospheric science, and earth science.

i read and liked bill nye's: "undeniable: evolution and the science of creation".

Source(s): nova. the t.v. series. bill nye; "Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation".
  • 2 months ago

Personally, I see no reason to study evolution, I prefer to study 'what is', and what happens that I can witness, but I'm a skeptic.

Show me, don't feed me 'beliefs'.

I'd start on WIki, then read the references it uses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

• Bulldog redux
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

"Skeptic" is a grand euphemism in your case.

• MARK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My recommendations are books written by scientists with their target audience being the educated layman. 1. 'The Greatest Show on Earth' by Richard Dawkins and 2. 'Why Evolution is True' by Jerry A. Coyne.

• 6000_km_under
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

They tell personal experience, i.e. not what happened globally.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CRR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The greatest Hoax on Earth, by Jonathan Sarfati

• ...Show all comments
    • JazSinc
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Note:  "The Greatest Hoax On Earth" is not a good book recommendation for someone just starting out trying to learn about the theory of evolution.

• 2 months ago

Google the words "evolution explained simply".

• tony
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Attachment image
    Source(s): www.youtube.com/results?search_query=+learn+about+the+theory+of+evolution%3F
  • SOTT
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

On the Origin of Species, an annotated version, which will be more accessible for you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.