Having second thoughts on my 100 dollar wedding dress... what do you guys think! ?

Should I keep or return? I got it from David’s bridal on their sale...

Other than the hemline needing an alteration, this dress looks good on you. 

Ask yourself why you do not love this dress:

Is it the silouett or the style? Do you like the fit? Second thoughts on the train?

Is it not fancy enough? Do you dislike the belt? 

Once you put your finger on what you don't like, that will determine the next step.

If it is the silouette you don't like,  either return it or resell it, new with tags. @@nd buy a new dress.

You can easily dress this dress up, you can. You can cut the hemline and attach scalloped lace all around. That train with lace edging would look lovely...especially when hooked up to a bustle. 

You could also have lace appliques sewn strategically to add more depth and texture to the dress. 

Have you tried on crystal/rhinestone earings  or a bracelet? If you don't like the belt, change it to match your bridal party colors. A nice thick fabric sash belt with long ties would be beautiful. Also, the right undergarments make an enormous difference in how the dress looks on you.

If you are open to make some slight changes, it can make a huge impact on the overall look.

Is there someone you know that sews? They can help with suggestions and ideas. I know this sounds crazy, but if you have a plan, you can hire someone to hem the dress and then use fabric glue to add lace to the hemline. If you do not feel confident to do this yourself, ask a crafty friend to assist.

see if they have something cheaper...  USE the savings for something else such as a nice dinner.

• GB

You look very nice in it, so keep it.

I know picking a wedding dress can be stressful and you want to look your best. YOU need to decide if you will be happy with that dress on your special day . Does it make you feel good? When you look back on your pictures, are you going to think I would have gotten the a different dress? Are you going to feel confident and comfortable walking down the isle? If so there is your answer ;) 

It's pretty. I see nothing wrong with it. You're only going to wear it once, so why pay a lot of money.

Pretty sure you can't return to David's. But if you're happy with the fabric I'd consider having a seamstress look at it to see if maybe the fit can be improved. 

It looks like a $100 dress.   There's nothing wrong with that if you're ok with it.  

The amount of money spent on weddings is CRAZY if you ask me. 

I do agree the dress needs professional alteration.

• drip

I have sewn my whole life.  Personally the two very visible seams down the front bother me.  

Please do get it professionally hemmed.  It will hang much nicer.  You don’t need to do it at David’s.   Find a alteration place.

Also get a slip.  You legs will show through the dress in the sun or light.

I was a bridal consultant at a store for some years.  You need to love your dress. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.  You need to put it on and feel great in it . 

No one at your wedding is going to say You look beautiful how much did you pay for the gown.

That dress is hideous.

• maps3333

hideous coming from mr anonymous. Absolutely brilliant.

invest more on wedding dress, it is supposed to be once in a lifetime.  Most people spend about at least about $700.....

• BeatriceBatten

That’s the exact opposite of “invest.”