promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Is it a good form of parenting to constantly criticize your child and downplay their achievements?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure,

I mėån if ya truly do wanna ruin any

possible self esteem they hav got lft

& dstry their total innr being than go

åhėåd !! !

..................................................................................

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, it wastes the opportunities to instill confidence. Achievements should be celebrated.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My parents will say congratulations, take everyone out to eat and brag to their friends but after that no mention of it. But after i do something once, they expect it again. Like when i was in the JV swim team i won gold in every meet i competed in. When i moved to Varsity i worked 100 harder just to be better than the fastest guy on the team so i could get gold again. I won silver once and my parents were like...well, you can’t win them all. But the tone was like “you’re the fastest loser”

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, its not a model id follow, but keeping your child grounded and humble has its place. The world isnt going to praise you for your achievements. You'll just get given more work for the same pay. Doesnt hurt to learn early on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Oiy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes, they are Buddist. The child should grow up humbly. The child is supposed to live happily for life.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.