promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Where can i buy this faucet?

The hot switch of the left doesn't closed all the way so it leaks. Is it just the gasket? Or should i buy a new one? Thank you 

Update:

Where can i buy the faucet?

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

that is a face mounted faucet meaning not lowes or home depot would have that. You would have to go to a real plumbing supply house. If you do decide to replace it, it will be costly as those are really only made for commercial nowadays. If you can turn the water of then simply remove the screw from the handle then remove handle and unscrew the stem of the faucet. You will then see a flay washer on bottom of the stem held on by another screw. remove that screw and pop the washer out then just replace washer and put faucet back together.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it is an odd ball unit, I would just replace the entire unit.  Try Home Depot.

• 2 months ago

Most likely, the internal guts are gunked up with mineral deposits. Removing the faucet and carefully cleaning it may be possible.

• 2 months agoReport

www.theaccounts.online

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Cut the water service valve to that faucet off.  An then remove that hotwater valve core  an take the O-rings or the cartridge with you to a hardware store match them up.  Then reinstall the new ones. 

Also where is the leak is it out the faucet? Which can be fixed by above.   

Or is it around the handle if so the packing nut could have worked loose.  It's  located under the handle that you'd take off to get to cartridge.   might just need to be tightened. 

Only reason to replace it is if you want a new faucet .  But that style I'd imagine they'll all look the same.

• Akosiya2 months agoReport

The hot water handle is the one leaking only

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

the spindle just needs disassembling cleaning some grease put it back together and ,, fixed 

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

NO grease.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Faucet looks like it was installed when Reagan was still President.  Get and install a new one, with a mixer and a sprinkler.  It will put a new look in your kitchen.  You will be saying "Oh yeah" after installation.

• 2 months ago

I agree with Girlie electrics, that faucet will have a replaceable cartridge.  Turn the water off, take the top off and lift it out..  Then you can take it to a plumbing supplies place and ask for one like it.

• SumDude
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

comment: @ Akosiya - You only need to turn off the hot water feed.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Turn off the water supply below the sink. Remove the faucet from the sink and take it to the hardware store. They can help you find the right washer to fix it. If they don't have it try a different hardware store.

• 2 months ago

I had that exact same faucet. and a similar problem. I'm going to tell you what works. You have to remove the gasket if you can and apply a small layer of wood glue to the perimeter of it. replace it in the sink and do not turn on the water. After 24 hours, your problem should be fixed.

If you cannot remove the gasket, take a small propane torch (if you wish), and allow it to superheat the leaking area. Activate the water once it turns deep red, tempering the metal allows it to rapidly contract sealing the leak. It's an old plumber's trick

Hope that helps.

• 2 months ago

Quarter turn faucets don't have gaskets, they have a cartridge, which should be easily replaceable. The surfaces of the cartridge wear away, particularly in hard water areas. Take the top off and look at it.

Tools required screwdriver and spanner.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.