Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Do you get sick from drinking different alcohols?

Like I have some rum, and a couple beers, and I want both, but I think if I put both in my system it might cause an unwanted reaction

You can but it doesn't mean you will

NO... I do not get sick from it as I do not drink ALCOHOLS... 

experimenting on your body with the dangerous chemical alcohol will cause your body to work improperly,, you must quit it

It is my opinion that you either are allergic to alcohol or you are not. It seems I am not. I have had two hangovers in 60 years of alcohol use, and in both instances, I didn't get enough sleep. I can have wine, brandy, and Scotch in an evening, and never regret it. No, I don't get sick, but that's not true of everyone.

Alcohol has been enjoyed and abused for centuries. Sure, drinking can make you feel happier and more relaxed, but over-indulgence and excessive drinking can have adverse consequences to your health.

I've always heard that 'beer before liquor never been sicker..." As a grumpy grandpa with his 3rd hand, a glass of whisky, I can go back and forth and never have a problem. I think what gets people in their youth is they start sipping a few beers. Then lose judgement and start pounding shots of liquor. Either way, 10 shots will make anyone sick but they may have had more discretion if they didn't start drinking while already tipsy.

No. Alcohol is alcohol. If you consume too much you will get sick but not from mixing different beverages.

They're not different alcohols, all alcoholic drinks contain the same type - ethanol.

“Mixing drinks” can cause problems because each alcoholic drink contains other things too (that's why they taste different). You are more likely to consume something, or a combination of things, that do not “agree” with you.

There is also the risk that a person is simply going to consume more alcohol, in some cases without really being aware of it. 

• Clive

Alcohol is alcohol. It's all the same. It's the other ingredients that could cause problems.

• polly

No.

Mixing drinks is a myth.

If you drink enough of anything,it's the alcohol content that'll get you