Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 2 months ago

Is the class AP Psychology difficult?

I am thinking about taking that class next year (Sophomore year). It really interests me. I have heard that it is one of the easiest ap classes and the exam is fairly easy but I want to know from personal experience and not just the statistics.

Sophomores should not be in AP classes. The point of AP classes is to get credit for college level work, but sophomores are not cognitively capable of college level analysis. High schools water down the AP classes because they think that having students take AP classes will increases their chances of being accepted to good universities. Most universities have caught on to this, and no longer look at GPAs inflated by lots of AP classes.

AP classes are supposed to be hard. That's the whole point. If they were easy, everyone could do them. If it's easy, it's not college level. 

• drip

Wait until your junior /senior years to take AP classes.   AP English language and literature will help you the most no matter what your major will be. They will help prepare you for university level work.  Then take AP classes in a subject you are strong in, in a subject that will help you with classes for your major.  

If you are looking for easy, don’t bother with any AP class. These classes are for student who want to be challenged.