promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

drivers license?

i’m 20 and i’m barely taking a drivers ed course online. i’m also planning on getting a learners permit as well. this drivers ed course includes the written part as well. i was wondering once i decide to take my road test do i still have to take a written exam or just the road test if i have my learners permit in texas ?

Update:

you guys really don’t know how to read. i said the written part is included in drivers ed. i’m asking about the license. and yeah i might be a slow one because i didn’t have a car till now sorry i’m not rich like you 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

You have to pass both tests, just like everyone else.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The only written test that the DMV accepts is the official written test that s administered by the DMV. Your driving school might include some sort of  written test, but that test isn't recognized by the DMV. Your driving school written test is worthless in the eyes of the DMV.

You have to take and pass the written test administered by the DMV before you'll be issued a "permit" (actually, a restricted learner's license). Your learner's license will serve as the DMV's  "permit" (or their permission) for you to take the road test at a later date. You'll have to take and pass the road test at the DMV before you'll be issued an unrestricted driver's license. You won't have to re-take the DMV written test before you take the road test. 

• May
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You are "barely" taking a drivers ed. course?  How can you "barely" take a course?

You say the course you are "barely" taking includes the written part and yet then you ask if you have to take a written exam to get your learners permit.  That makes no sense at all.

May I suggest that before you try to get a drivers license, you learn how to construct a sentence that people can understand.

Grammar matters

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most kids figure this out around age 14. Maybe 15 for the slow ones. You are 20?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

AFAIK the only written road test that counts is the one you write for DMV at DMV.   You don't get your Learner's License until you pass the written DMV test.   THEY issue you the Learner's License.

.It is  written in the Driver's Training Manual you get for free from DMV.   It answers all of your questions.

Texas,Shitsville, Stupidville  it don't matter. The rules are the same.    

. DMV is the boss operation.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm sure the big state of Texas has a DMV website look there for accurate answers😉

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.