promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

2000 Ford Mustang Turbo kit CARB verified?

I'm looking to put some more power into my older mustang, but i cant seem to find any turbo kits or supercharger kits that are CARB certified ( Smogable in CALIFORNIA) does anyone know of any that will still let you pass smog in cali?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Put a V-8 on it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

To get a turbo engine into a 2000 Ford would take an engine swap to a engine of that year or later that came stock with a Turbo Charger. In the Ford line this would be one of the ECO Boost engines. There is a limited selection and mating it to a transmission might prove difficult. Try a 2.7 Ecoboost out of a 2015-2017 Ford F-150 (RWD) and get the transmission too.

• 2 months ago

Welcome to the world where you can't even purchase a decent light bulb:

effective April 1, 2019, all forms of turbocharging on gasoline engines will be considered noncompliant with the state’s strict emission laws. As an additional blow, the wording of the new CARB regulation applies not only to aftermarket turbocharger systems, but OEM turbocharging as well.

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I don't know all the requirements but based on this exert it sounds like it is illegal... period.  But you may be able to illegally find someone to install a used pre-built

• 2 months ago

i would ask a mechanic to help you with it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.