What s so great about Billie Elish?

Her music is dubbed as unique and original, but I can t see it. She also whispers on all of her songs and does NOT sing.

I don't understand either. I never really cared for her stuff

Who said you have to be (or have) something great to have a hit song?

Sure, some have really made an immortal mark on music history.  Elvis had a voice that nobody else had, and used it like nobody else could.  Stevie Wonder can take any note played on any instrument, and turn it into a beautiful melody in seconds.  The Rolling Stones have... whatever it is the Rolling Stones have.  

But take a look at any hundred musicians that had hits over the last 50 years, and you won't find anything truly great about any of them.  They released the right song(s) and had the right look at the right time, and they got a recording contract.  That doesn't make anyone great, it just makes them lucky.

It is unique I think. Do you know any other musicians that have a sound similar to her? Also some people like her because her songs are emotional and talk about dark subjects. Personally I don’t listen to her kind of music but I can understand the appeal... nearly no one else makes music that sounds like that. 

• e9601:

I see nothing special at all. And you're right, she always whispers.

• Seff

she also should do ASMR with that beautiful whispering voice.

• Andrew

Nothing. Her "music" is reprehensible. 

Agreed. To me, she’s just weird. I guess the masses find that appealing.

I'm not a fan but hey there's no accounting for taste...

She's a wonderful singer.

My boy Desmond likes her.