promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Cpu problems?

If anyone could point me in a direction that would be awesome. I decided to upgrade my cpu because my old a6 processor was getting destroyed by plex transcoding. So I upgraded to an a8 6500 but it kept blue screening so I figured that cpu was trash. It will always happen intermittently, sometimes it will stay on for days other times it won't say on for more then a minute. I then proceeded to buy an a10 5800 as a replacement but I'm running into the same problem. I put the a6 back and everything worked fine. It says drivers are installed properly I don't know what to do if you could give me a direction to look into I'd appreciate it. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Uvyv6c6c5cy ubibuvuvc5x

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

How old is your mobo? It might need a BIOS update to use newer (relatively speaking) APUs.  

Transcoding on nearly 9 year old CPU is an exercise in futility. These are bulldozer-based APU's that had s**t IPC to begin with. You'd be much better off saving a few hundered bucks and putting together a 2400G/3400G box rather than trying to find a worthwhile old APU (which doesn't exist). 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The memory controller on any modern system is integrated into the CPU. It's possible that the CPU isn't playing well with the memory. Otherwise it could be a BIOS issue or an issue with the operating system. It's not uncommon for the operating system to not play well with a new CPU and the only way to resolve this issue is to reformat.

Here are a few steps you can take.

-Clear the CMOS, aka..... reset the BIOS

-Update the BIOS-Reformat and reinstall Windows

-Try testing the system with a single stick of RAM, alternate sticks.

-Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and a USB Thumbdrive.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.