Are you aware milk cartons & plastic can be extruded into beautiful lifetime boards for decking, railing or dock? No maintenance.?

Actually, I did know that.  In fact I'm having my old wooden back deck replaced with "plastic" this summer because I'm tired of the warping and constant maintenance of treated wood.  I also plan on making some raised garden beds out of the leftover "boards."

agree with the first answer

I am aware NOTHING is 'No Maintenance'.

• john1 month agoReport

Its the recycling part. Its important we find a way to get the plastics out of the oceans and landfills.. Again, thanks for your input. It's appreciated.

This isn't true.

Unless by "lifetime" you mean "the space of time before this plastic deteriorates."

• elhigh

Am I aware: yes.

• Susie

Unfortunately, only about 30% of the things we collect for recycling, actually gets recycled.  The rest ends up in landfills anyway.  This is something that is not told in the push to recycle.  

Yes, I used to work for an environmental charity whose building had interior walls made of that, and they also promoted them for their projects.

• john2 months agoReport

wOw! They had walls made from recycled plastic? I know about sheeting but that has to be a heavy wall! We sold many molded pads for chicken cages lol. I am happy to see people reading my question. Thank you very much!