What could be the problem with under my calf? ?

Around my achilles there can becomes sharp pains after playing a pick up game of basketball or lifting up heavy objects. The pains don't go away until a week later usually after I let it heal. I went to the doctors and they took x-rays and found nothing broken, no split shins or anything like that. I hurts almost dead center between the skin in the area of the bone or the middle of the muscle. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my calf area so I can try to fix it and make sure it stops hurting.

• Linda

I have the same issues when I am bending or doing squats. You weakened that area from overusing it. Since nothing is broken, Blakely, try strengthening that area with exercises to slowly build it up overtime and maybe add glucosamine supplement to your diet? I hope it improves over time.

• blakely1 month agoReport

Thank you so much, I'll try this out and see how much it helps!

Get an MRI of your leg and back, x-rays don't show everything. Sometimes doctors will resist giving you a script for an MRI  because they are expensive and insurers don't like to pay for them.

• cmac'm

tight calves. stretch them out, drink water, let them rest, make sure you have good shoes.  If it continues for more than a couple weeks then go in and get a second opinion on your achilles or torn muscle.

• Linda

Some glucosamine or calcium like super boron will help rebuild that area. Be careful lifting anything heavy or it will worsen it.