I cant breathe?

So, I have asthma, I have medicine including a day and night puffer preventative and another one to take when I have asthma attacks. 

But over the past few years I've been having this lengthy cycles (usually lasts around a few months) where I've just had really bad shortness of breath, or if I think about breathing even for a little bit I won't be able to do it automatically for myself.

If I even think about it I'll have to start manually breathing which leads to about hours of me not being able to breathe properly, like I take deep breaths and I can't seem to get any air in and whenever that happens my lungs really hurt and I get pains in my abdomen. As well as all that, I start to have excessive yawning in my attempts to breathe.

To usually get myself back to breathing normally, I have to focus on something like a fidget toy or chewing gum, but those don't fix it for that long.

I've seen a doctor about this before and they didn't really help. 

I feel like stress could be a factor to this? Because when the cycles of this happen I'm usually in school (I'm 17 and I just started school back up again a few weeks ago, a little bit before then was when this cycle started whilst on the holidays I was fine).

I think I'll go back to a doctor again with this, but any help on here would be useful as well. Thank you for reading!

• Diana

If you can't breath, you should ask your parents to call 911.  

Sounds like a type of panic attack.

Add another pillow. May help the airflow less restricted. Do you have an inhaler?

• Yeah I have an inhaler, and I have a few pillows. Not much help though