What is the best *natural* smell in all of nature? Is it the scent of a certain flower, the native musk of a certain person or animal, or?

something else entirely?

Just like the phrase "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", the sense of smell is also a personal matter.  Some people do not like certain scents, but that does not mean those scents are not pleasant.

Therefore the answer to your question does not have one single answer that everyone will agree upon.

I love the scent of lavender, honeysuckle and rain, the smell of fresh cut grass or the lilac bushes when they are in full bloom.

Whereas, some people love the scent of skunk spray. 

The nose knows. 

• Ann

freshly mown hay or grass

the Proverbial "fresh cow pie"

The most natural and I dare to say favourite scent I have found was in the FNQ (Far North Queensland, Australia) rainforest.  Damp, fresh, earthy but quite distinguishable from anywhere else I have ever been.  I am assuming the scent was most likely from the trees, although something is always flowering in the tropics.  I don’t live there anymore but in an outer suburban, semi rural fringe area now .... and I really miss the rainforests.  As a child I always loved the salty smell of the sea, hot summer days, cold drinks and fish and chip suppers.  Can’t smell the sea without thinking of those suppers and vice versa.  

• L

That's a very subjective question.

I really like several different mint varieties, lavender, roses, Plumeria... my all-time favorite plant smell comes from "Maile" (it is a vine found in Hawaii).

The sent of sage brush after a thunder storm. You have to smell it to understand.

Peppermint- this plant I think has the best natural smell in all of nature.

I go for pine sap.

• C

A sun-warmed, napping cat :)

• Nancy

petrichor