promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
james asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 3 months ago

Is there a security camera that works without WiFi?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Yes, the vast majority of security cameras are directly wired to a monitoring system or recorder.  I have dozens of them, many connected via Cat 5 cable.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

Yes, there are millions. Go to amazon or search on google, you can get a lot of this type of camera.

• 3 months ago

Yes, they make wired cameras. They're very common.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

you can get ones that are hard wired, yes .................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Yes, and you can find them here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Surveillance... or on Amazon or adorama.com, too.

• qrk
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

There are cheapo cameras that record to a SD card. They will  record if they detect motion.

There are more capable systems that are Ethernet based and require Ethernet cable. These are typically PoE (power over Ethernet). These systems require a DVR. These are generally expensive systems. Stay away from Wise as the software that interfaces to the DVR has the worst user interface, almost unusable.

• 3 months ago

There are millions of them.

• 3 months ago

Yes, plenty of them. I'm not very knowledgeable on cameras, but I do know that there are a lot of network based cameras that work with Ethernet. A lot of them even have support for POE (Power Over Ethernet) where the Ethernet cable supplies both power and data).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.