promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should you leave price tags on gifts so the person receiving it can see how much you paid? (I personally don't agree with this).?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa M
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Leaving the tag on is the tackiest thing you can do. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, I will give a "gift receipt" in the event they wish to return the gift or exchange it. I DO LEAVE THE TAGS, but not the price tag.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely not. If they really want to know what the product goes for, they’ll find out. It’s also all right to include a gift receipt. That won’t show the price, but they will learn the price if they return the gift.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's a big NO NO. In fact most vendors will supply you with a gift receipt that makes it possible to return the item but doesn't list the price (because that would be considered crass).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wouldnt leave it on, it gives them a chance to return it to the store too that way

• 2 months ago

While this happens accidentally on occasion.  Anyone who does so on purpose is just showing their lack of class.

• 2 months ago

Generally, not the standard practice when giving a gift but only you can know why you want the recipient to know the value of the gift.  What is the intention?

• Lisa M
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

To let them know how much of her moola she spent on the person. 

• 2 months ago

No that's in very poor taste,if they want to exchange it they can be given a gift receipt.

• 2 months ago

No way. Thanks tacky.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, that's asking for trouble.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.