Gino asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 2 months ago

Would you rather work in Frankfurt/Main, Germany or Cork, Ireland?

In the moment I'm staying in Frankfurt. What I like about it,is that it is a big city with a big skyline and lots of opportunities. But I'm looking for a new job here right now and it takes quite long for replies. I got a job offer for Cork. I googled it. It's a nice city in the South of Ireland and many say it's beautiful also. But I find it looks kind of small and boring also. So I'm not sure if I should go there or stay here in Frankfurt and wait till I find something. What do you think?

• Orla C

Cork city has a very vibrant student life, it's far from boring. It's also quite close to the sea, and to some lovely mountains. 

I've been to Frankfurt so I know what you're comparing, and it's not really like with like. If you're still not sure, visit Cork city for a few days. There are direct flights there. 

• Gino2 months agoReport

Yeah ok.

I'd rather work in Frankfurt because I love to travel and Frankfurt would support that better. However given the choice of a job in Cork or no job in Frankfurt, I'm move in a heartbeat.

• Maxi

Why apply for a job in Cork if you think it is boring/small place to live?.......... You do the research BEFORE you apply

• Gino2 months agoReport

Just needed a job fast

If I could speak German? I'd go for Frankfurt.

Do you do much traveling?  Because one advantage of Germany is that it's on the continent, as opposed to an island.  That gives you a lot more travel opportunities.  And if you like it, there's little point in uprooting yourself if you are ambivalent.