promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Gino asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 2 months ago

Would you rather work in Frankfurt/Main, Germany or Cork, Ireland?

In the moment I'm staying in Frankfurt. What I like about it,is that it is a big city with a big skyline and lots of opportunities. But I'm looking for a new job here right now and it takes quite long for replies. I got a job offer for Cork. I googled it. It's a nice city in the South of Ireland and many say it's beautiful also. But I find it looks kind of small and boring also. So I'm not sure if I should go there or stay here in Frankfurt and wait till I find something. What do you think?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Cork city has a very vibrant student life, it's far from boring. It's also quite close to the sea, and to some lovely mountains. 

I've been to Frankfurt so I know what you're comparing, and it's not really like with like. If you're still not sure, visit Cork city for a few days. There are direct flights there. 

• Gino2 months agoReport

Yeah ok.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I'd rather work in Frankfurt because I love to travel and Frankfurt would support that better. However given the choice of a job in Cork or no job in Frankfurt, I'm move in a heartbeat.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why apply for a job in Cork if you think it is boring/small place to live?.......... You do the research BEFORE you apply

• Gino2 months agoReport

Just needed a job fast

• 2 months ago

If I could speak German? I'd go for Frankfurt.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you do much traveling?  Because one advantage of Germany is that it's on the continent, as opposed to an island.  That gives you a lot more travel opportunities.  And if you like it, there's little point in uprooting yourself if you are ambivalent.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.