kevin asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 2 months ago

why are christians conservatives opposed to the normalisation of homosexuality in american society?

the percent of americans who are engaging in homosexual activity and open about it as well as the ostracization of homophobes is growing at a rapid rate.

what really bothers me however is that some christian church members are threatened by LGBT agenda.

Personally I think that church denominations in the usa that refuse to perform same sex marriages should have their tax exempt status eliminated. also if a priest preaches that homosexuality is a sin they should be charged with hate speech.

That would be the Christian part.  Homosexuality is a sin for Christians.  Hell, they don't like any kind of sex at all, in fact.  

Christians and sex don't like each other very much.  Christians will grudgingly tolerate sex, as long as it's only done to create more Christians.  And even then, you better not enjoy it too much.

"charged with hate speech." is not a thing in the US.  Yet.  Hopefully it never will be.

Why are you afraid of anything being called a sin?  People sin all the time and sins are mostly ignored as sins.

What exactly is the LGBT agenda?  If it is the destruction of churches as faith institutions then church members are indeed directly threatened.

I wonder why someone who strongly does not believe in certain Christian teachings would even want to be married in a church.  Unless the purpose is to destroy the church.  A bit like demanding the services of someone who you do not like and does not want to help you, why not go to someone willing and more to your liking?

What really bother me is people hell bent on destroying individuals because they have a different set of beliefs.

Same reasons we are against the normalization of pre-birth baby killing, both are sins.

Since when is homosexuality normal?

It’s wrong. Sodomy is an abomination to God. Keep your tax status. We do church at home. I guess there are enough girly man compromising churches that agree with heathens like you. They can answer to God for that. Go ahead and charge me with your silly hate crime. I’m preaching the truth. You don’t like it, you don’t have to attend. But, my family will be taught the truth.

The simple fact is homosexuality causes a society to fail. The birth rate drops, important genes are lost from the gene pool and in the case of males STD's cause an early death. Sadly it affects the intellectual community the fastest depriving a society of the best minds by early death and preventing the replacement because of a failure to reproduce those who are gifted.

I for one know I can not stop the American society from self destruction and it takes many forms. Drug addiction, abortions, self indulgence of all sorts, not just homosexuality.

I accept that some want that life style, but I for one liken it to smoking which causes a higher then average death rate in those who indulge in it. Based on health risk alone it should be discouraged to the same extent that smoking tobacco is. The rate of infection (and eventual death by other causes) for AIDs is known to be 56% (CDC numbers) among male homosexuals. The encouragement to have a life style that results in over a 50% mortality rate is insane. The rate of suicides in this community is such that this part of the population accounts for 79% of the suicides in the USA.

So it is not for religious reasons I suggest the life style is not healthy. The reality of the records for this segment of  our population shows that it  is not healthy. Which is the reason the Bible is against it!

Everything hinges on the American 2020 election.  President Trump has positioned Conservative Judges in the Supreme Court who lean toward Christian values concerning things like gay rights, immigration, race, and abortion.  If Trump wins in 2020 it means that America as a nation rejects the normalisation of gays, people of color, immigrants, and non-Christians.  The election of President Trump in 2016 was a clear message that America is divided and there is money and power to be gained from nurturing that division.

While it is debatable if any church or religious organization should have a tax exempt status, the government should not mandate who a church (or religious organization) can or should preform marriages for.  Separation of church and state goes both ways and need to be scrupulously maintained on all sides.

However the issue is not and never has been whether churches perform marriage for homosexuals, but the legal and social rights of marriage.

there really isn't an LBTGxxxx agenda, just people that have been discriminated against seeking equal rights.

Some Christians think they need ro be the Moral Police.

• Summertime

Often times the worst of the lot. There are good Christians but they aint these people that stand above looking down on the rest while they  own  the vices the people sling to. There is front street and there is cow street.

They think it is icky.