Should I keep hiding my tattoos from my parents? ?

I’m 20 and the first tattoo I got was flowers dedicated to my grandparents who passed. When I told them they went completely off the rails so much so I thought I wasn’t going to come home for the holidays. 

Despite their reaction, about 6/7 months ago I got two more tattoos (both on my ankles). They’ve been quite easy to hide due to the cold weather but I’m scared they’re going to accidentally see them when I wear dresses etc. 

I don’t know if it’s better for me to tell them while I’m away in uni or face the wrath of them in person... or if I should even tell them at all

Someone pls help 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • LM440
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

All parents and most situations are different.  My parents were supportive of my tattoos.  But I would have gotten tattoos if they opposed them.

In your case, I would not even bring up the subject.  I would not go out of my way to cover the tattoos and if they saw them I would simple act as if the tattoos are not a big deal.  If you come on as if you are ready for a scolding you may get it.  Playing the no big deal scenario should defuse or at least mitigate the situation.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mystic
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I've seen similar nonsense posted before. Troll fail. You are 20 - take control of your own life. Mommy and daddy no longer have a say so in the decisions you make.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

THAT'S up to you .........................................

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Tell them that you are sorry they don't like it but you're an adult and this is your decision.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You can use makeup to cover the tattoos for the time being.

• 5 months ago

You're an adult. Not their business.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.