Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Is there a way to convince my gf to have kids?

I tried talking to her about proposing if she changes her mind about kids. She s a id that even if we got married now, she still doesn't want a child at this moment.

We've been together for 6 years. I'm 25 and she's already 27. Yet, she's still not ready. She won't give me a child at least; one would be ok. I want to form a family.

Is there a way to convince her to get pregnant and bear me a child??

• glcang

Just think , if she does this major life changing thing , that is have a child, under any duress or pressure from you , what do you think the outcome will be?

If you push, cajole, manipulate to get your way, you will be sorry. It’s fine to want kids but her will is not yours and yours not hers.

Either let it go or let her go . You will be doing her a favor .

Shell come round to it when she's ready. I have so many friends who said they didn't want kids but most had them in the end.

If she really loves you she would have kids, my older brothers wife didn't want kids but now she's pregnant and planning on having another one with him as a compromise. Because he originally wanted 4, and she's willing to have atleast 2. Also she is 28 and pregnant. To be honest your gf's clock is ticking if she doesn't want kids within the next 2-3 years maybe its time to end the relationship. I've been with my bf for over 6 years and he's the one who doesn't want kids. I'm getting to the point where I nearly want to break up I'm 26 btw. I completely understand the strong attachment to the person and knowing all those detailed quirks about them. But at the end of the day if you strongly want children and a family there's nothing wrong with that desire. You just have to choose if you want to stick it out or end up starting over with someone new, who see's themself actually wanting a family in the future. I really understand your pain you know your always probably gonna be partially miserable because you feel like something is missing from your life. 

• Sally

just find another woman silly.  Women are a dime a dozen

Source(s): Donald Trump
  • Caz

Do you want a girlfriend, or a uterus on legs?  Do you actually want to be with her at all?  If this is actually you want kids and she doesn't, is that a deal breaker for you?  Do you want kids more than you want to be with her?  Assuming that having kids is off the table for her - as she has clearly stated it is, at least for now, do you want to continue the relationship?

No, you can't "convince" her to make a brand new person.  It's not a doll that you both can put aside when you're bored of it, it's a child who will grow into an adult and will know that their mother didn't really want them and their father was a manipulative POS who did what he needed to to get what he wanted, only to realise that what he really wanted was a puppy.

Nope. If she's not ready it's not going to happen. As you don't mention her career, how much you both earn or how flexible her job is it's hard to say if either of you are really ready for parenthood. Unless she's got maternity leave and a flexible schedule at work having a baby can be fatal to one's earning potential. Not to mention the cool quarter mill it costs to raise a child to the age of 18 (not even counting college).

• Alan H

Do you want a loving relationship or a baby provider?  Look deeper at your relationship, THEN go onto the next issues.

If you truly love her why not propose anyway?

But, be sure first

Get someone else. you can't convince or force her.

Why would you badger someone about having kids when they have already told you they are not ready? You're trying to manipulate her?

If you want a family right now, you're with the wrong girl, because she doesn't want that right now.

Having kids is a serious life time commitment, and it's not cheap or free. It also hampers our social life and more.

don't be anAss

Clearly your goals and her's are different - by now you should have realized it. So if you desire children and she does not... you put yourself in a pickle.