promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

How to get pregnant?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years now. We have sex about 1-2 times a week. One point we were told his mortility pertaining to his sperm was off. Other than that that’s all we are aware of. What can we try differently? Should we be having sex more? Will exercise and losing weight help. My husband is about 50Lbs over weight and I am about 30Lbs over weight. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Sperm can live for five days.  The goal would be to have sex just often enough that there is always sperm there when the egg arrives.

This would mean having sex once every three to four days - and on schedule too.  So - yes you should be having sex more often - and following a pattern that ensures the sperm should always be there.  

The egg only lives for about 12 to 24 hours once ovulation happens.

Dropping weight is always a healthy choice but people heavier than you have had successful pregnancies and healthy babies.

What has your doctor said to offer further advice for TTC.  Have they taught you to track your symptoms for ovulation.  Have they offered any tips for your husband's issues.  The doctor is  your best source for all of this.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only one to two times a week? Seriously? You need to be doing it at least 4 to 5+ times a week. If his motility is not good.. then he needs to be on top and in as deep as he can go. If you are on top and feel him about ready.. roll over and let him finish that. way.

• 1 month agoReport

Come on, get serious. Gotta bump uglies at least ONCE A DAY.. preferrably at night. Screw with a pillow under your butt.. when he comes it will keep it going deep back i

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a younger boy toy                   

• 2 months ago

i would step it up to at least 4 x a week

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would increase the frequency...to 3 to 4 times a week.

• 2 months ago

He needs to have his sperm checked and both lose some weight.

• 2 months ago

That would be an excellent question for the doctor who performed the initial fertility tests.  (The word is "motility," by the way.)  I'm sure the doctor already explained how to chart your symptoms, sensation, BBT, etc, since that's a basic part of any fertility checks.  

• Halee2 months agoReport

Thanks, dumb auto correct. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.