How to convert a DOCX file to a PDF file?

I am trying to open a document that my boss sent me that is very very important document

(it is officially confidentially ) but it is in DOCX form and when I try and open it to my word document it shows up as boxes and random symbols.

Does anyone know how I can open the document?

( I would have her send it to me in a better format but I think she went home for the weekend...)

Anyone can help me for this problem?

use some websites which are able to convert DOCX to PDF to auto-convert your file.

docx is a compressed format , make a copy of the document rename it  to have a .zip extension  and open it with winzip, libre office will open docx formats natively

hey, im your boss

that stupid question,

now you're fired

• Best2 months agoReport

lol

• Vaman

Have you google cloud account? Now send it to your account and download it in the pdf form. Please check whether it works.

• hart

use google docx to pdf

• John

I don't believe you.

Usually when a Word document (doc or docx) shows boxes and random symbols it means that it was created using a font that does not exist on your computer. Converting it to a PDF would not resolve the issue as your computer still would not have the font needed to be able to display the items that are showing up as the boxes and symbols.

Download libre Office and use it since it seems like you have an old copy of Word.

.docx is from word 2007 or later. 

https://fileinfo.com/extension/docx

She needs to save it down to *.doc or get you a newer version of word

• Ron75

Well one way would be go on the Internet and do a search for what programs will open that file. I am not sure as I haven't used it in a long time but I believe that is the file extension for the newer version of Microsoft Word. But I am not saying this for sure so don't take that as fact.

Ron