If. X-rays don't show torn muscles or tendonitis what does?

• Edna
    1 week ago

An x-ray shows only bones; it doesn't show soft tissue. A torn muscle and/or tendonitis is diagnosed by a physical exam.  Sometimes, a doctor may order an ultrasound or MRI scans to help determine tendon thickening, dislocations and tears.

Either an MRI or CT scan just might do the trick. Xrays aren't that good for soft tissues. They are however, good for looking at bones.

• Sparky

An ultra-sound is probably the best radiography equipment for muscles and tendons.

• Bill

ultra sound or MRI is what does that

nothing. I know because its happened to me. I had all the scans for my ankle but nothing came up and doctors told me nothing could be done. its frustrating because you have to spend the rest of your life with tendonitis unless you spend lots of money for an orthopaedic surgeon to look at it

• Kookai1 month agoReport

Usually, all an Orthopedic Dr. will do with tendonitis is to give cortisone needles. There are just so many you can have per year. Having too many puts people at risk for the muscles to thin so badly.

It shows bones, not muscle tissue!

mris            

A doctors eyes and hands