promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can Greek  mythology titans have offspring  with a human?

I am writing a story and I’m really looking to give my lead superhero in edge I wanted To make him the son of Kronos the Greek titan

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

The son of Kronos was Zeus.   Google Cronus. The Greeks already created this story so you are several centuries behind.  Read it.  How is it you do not research this first?  They have movies and video games already.  Zeus(the son) overthrew Kronus and tossed the dad into Tartarus.

You Tube "the Titans".  You would be plagiarizing an ancient story already told and known.

.As for impregnating a mortal woman, the Gods always did that. Hackeles was the result(Roman name is Hercules) so half god half man.  The Greeks invented him and the Romans ripped off the Greek story and made it theirs.  Romans were not that imaginative. The Greeks were the creative bunch. 

Kronos made out with a god chick to make Zeus. 

. When Zeus grew up big and strong he tossed the old man Kronus off the Throne and Zeus became the Ruling God.

It is all ancient History.

You are going to have to do better than that.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • AgProv
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Best estimates from mythology are that titans stand twenty-five to thirty feet tall and are proportioned like scaled-up humans. In all respects. so if the length of the average human male erection is five to seven inches. Scaled up to, er, Titanic proportions, that's twenty-five to thirty-five inches with a corresponding increase in girth.  If you are an average human female, good luck with that.

human male and Titan female? would she even notice, and she'd have to be gentle... 

And assuming artificial insemination... well, a human foetus is about twelve to fourteen inches long at birth and weghs an average of eight pounds. women find expelling one of these can be hard going. Scale this up. A titan foetus would be five feet long and weigh up to fifty pounds.... so the only way it remotely stands a chance is human male and Titan female. Would human sperm cut it? longer journey, bigger egg.....

• ...Show all comments
    • paulathome
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

-cont     they were the Unlawful union of Spirit beings and Humans with groundbreaking technological abilities "Savant like" And were worshiped in part because of this Some were even tiny less than knee high to us!

• 4 months ago

Oh hell yeah, no problem.  The ancient Greek gods themselves had no qualms about impregnating humans, so a titan doing it is nothing even slightly unusual.

• 4 months ago

Yes these were the Bastard children of the Fallen Angels, whom had children through women upon earth, they achieved a lot of names ie gods warriors among them, for the most part this was because of their superior knowledge that they imparted to mankind and their vast size, in some cases 36' tall also around these times crossbreeding with creatures was rampant, as can be seen from many Asian texts, I called them Bastards because they were a forbidden cross creation beings with Spirit Angels and earth born physical Humans etc, as opposed to what Almighty God intended and Created! This original infestation was eradicated completely in the great flood however some such things have still occurred since too.

• AgProv
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

This is in the Bible - Nephilim. Hardly surprising, as the ancient Hebrews lived on the edge of the Greek world and a lot of cultural mixing was going on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Yes. Aeneas was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite. In Hesiod's Theogony, Aphrodite is born off the coast of Cythera from the foam (aphrós) produced by Uranus's genitals, which his son Cronus has severed and thrown into the sea. This means she was from the generation of Titans.

• ...Show all comments
    • Pontus
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Hemera & Dies).   Titans were only some of the children of Uranus and Gaia.  They had others who weren't Titans.

• Pontus
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

There is no reason why they couldn't.  Titans are just one group of gods.  Most of the Olympians were the children or grandchildren of the Titan and the Titaness Rhea. Some of the Olympians had additional Titan grandparents. 

Olympians and Titans are all gods, just different groups. 

There don't seem to be any myths about Titans or Titanesses consorting with humans, but according to most myths most of the Titans were imprisoned in Tartarus before the creation of humans.   Although all the Titanesses and a few Titans remained in power after the Olympians took power, there seem to be no stories about them having children with humans.

However, there are stories of Titans having children with various nymphs.  Olympians mated with nymphs as well.  I see no reason to assume that Titans couldn't have children with humans, in principle.

But you do have to address the issue of when humans were created. Prometheus created humans under the reign of Zeus, after Kronos was dethroned. 

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

To the best of my recollection the titans didn't have any offspring from consorting with mortals. 

• 4 months ago

As far as I know

none are recorded doing so

but

of course

that doesn't mean it is impossible

After all: the "first" of the classical Greek deities were the children of two titan parents

which suggests that they were titans in all but name (i.e. not titans by affiliation, but still titans by nature)

and they were always fooling about with humans.

Uranus and Gaia

give birth to titans

and those titans mated

and gave birth to other titans

but also gave birth to

the "gods" Zeus, Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades and Poseidon

So: it seems that the gods were titans by nature

and that titans could mate with humans and produce offspring from such matings.

Interestingly

various nymphs are also children of two titan parents

and so one wonders if the titans

who, mating only with other titans

produced titans, nymphs and gods

did so based on the SPECIFIC nature of the parents

and so the SPECIFIC nature of the parents resulted in children of different natures.

EXAMPLE:

- Chronus and Rhea begat only "gods"

- Oceanus and Tethys begat river gods and nymphs

- Hyperion and Theia produced only celestial "gods" (Sun, Moon, Dawn)

- Crius and Euribia produced only titans

- Coeus and Phoebe produced only titans

- Iapetus and Clymene produced only titans

etc.

• 4 months ago

That's what a titan is, a person who has one parent (usually his father) being a Greek god and the other parent (usually his mom) an earthy human woman.

The Greek gods were crazy about human women, and they often came down from Mt. Olympus, often in disguise to have sex with human women.  Because human women were sexier than goddesses, apparently.

I don't know if titans' children were special in any way.  Presumably they weren't like mules, they could have children.  I'm not not sure.  But hey, it's YOUR story.  You can have it either way!

• Pontus
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

No, you are thinking of demi-gods.  Titans are the second regime of gods to rule the universe. The first were the primordial gods.  The third and final regime was that of the Olympians. 

• 4 months ago

Yes I’m answering my Commenting on my own question I just wanted to give Kronos an edge because Zeus has way too many children and I feel like it’s a cliché oh he’s the son of Zeus

• Pontus
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Poseidon, Hermes, Ares, Apollo, Dionysius, etc all had children with mortals.  Titans, however, seem to have predated humans.  Only a few male Titans were not imprisoned in Tartarus.  Helios, Oceanus, Epimetheus, Prometheus, etc.  (but Prometheus was later punished for giving fire to humans). 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.