Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

It is winter. I have a large yard with leaves that were raked from the fall.?

I am a old lady with medical issues and can not get out and rake them, Some stranger comes and knocks on my door with a rake. It is winter and everyone else yard is already raked. He came with the rake just for my yard in the dead of winter. I was too scared to answer the door. He looked big and scary. Since I didn;t answer he left. He was on foot and did not come with no trash bags. He left since no one opened the door. Obvioulsy he wanted money. The last guy that did my yard charged me 200 dollars and got angry when I did not have more money. A lot of these people try and rip me off. What should I do?

• Wilma

I read on the internet that it's best for the environment if you just leave them. The plastic bags of them just sit in the dump forever.

• y

Neighbors, talk to the neighbors, the neighborhood kids. Look in the local business directory for landscapers and talk to them and such.

You could speak with your neighbours once in a while. 

That's how you get handyman/ gardener recommendations.