promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can a package be delivered based upon having the city and zip+4 zip code ONLY as the address?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No is the short answer

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Sally
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

NO silly.  You need a street address too

• Katie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No - 8 or more properties have EXACTLY the same zip code.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe a few years ago, but now they seem to look for reasons to return mail. I had a PO box for 20 years, then changed to a box almost touching the 1st box. I got a letter from UK addressed to the 1st box and it was returned.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The +4 part essentially specifies the carrier or route. So the +4 zipcode does not specify a specific residence. But, if there is a name on the letter, the post office may be able to deliver it. This is even more likely in a small town.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sometimes it can or it gets returned to the sender.

• Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In all likelihood, no.

Mary Smith

East Overshoe, PA 45678-9012

isn't enough address. That can only direct it to a carrier's route within the 45678 zip code area.

But what I've known to happen a few times is that the carrier knows where Mary Smith lives, since s/he's delivered her mail for some time, and it reaches the right house even with an inadequate address.

I once got a package that just had my name, city, and zip plus four, and my MIL mentioned that she got a Christmas card that way.

• 2 months ago

Of course not.    

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.