Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 5 months ago

I have a habit of singing with a high larynx. What should I do?

I think I'm hurting my voice.

Well, if you're not going to get a voice teacher (which is recommended).

Go to a mirror. 

Sing a bit, pay attention to the position of your larynx, put your hand on your adam's apple. (Women have one too just less pronounced, idk what you are). Sing just looking, sing with your hand on your adams' apple. (Gently)

Gradually yawn from a small tiny yawn to the biggest yawn you can possibly do. As you do, your larynx should lower. A full blown yawn is too much and you will sound stuffy and like a cow and a whale had a baby, somewhere in the middle is ideal. As you yawn, vocalize. Again, observe your layrnx, and also feel it. (Gently)

I can't tell you exactly where to position it since I can't observe you. If none of this seems to alleviate the problem your experiencing, then it is possible that there's problems your not aware, and so then I recommend again seeing a voice teacher.

Stop singing with a high larynx, whatever that means. If you think you're hurting yourself by anything you're doing, it seems to me  common sense would say stop doing it.