How to overcome fear of roller coasters?

So I have been on 5 or 6 roller coasters in my life and not once have I ever had fun as I was just in pure terror mode the whole time. I have a deep fear of both heights and the feeling of falling/lack of control. How does want get over that fear and find roller coasters fun?

Ride with my wife on the freeway when she is in a hurry to get to the mall... 

Try some of the tamer ones.  Big Thunder Railway @ Disney* comes to mind.  And the Matterhorn @ Disneyland is a little more adventuresome.  I'm not a big fan of them either, so these are about as 'brave & daring' as I get.  

The last drop on Splash Mountain scares the &^%$#@# out of me.  But I'll still brave it.     

• drip

Why do you need to enjoy them? Why the need to get over being terrified? 

Unfortunately there is nothing but bigger, faster, more thrills roller coasters.  It goes from kiddie roller coaster to huge death defying ones.  Nothing to work your way up.   Perhaps start on other rides.  From Disney:  Terror of terror. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railway

• TBK

try and pick one thats not that tall and relatively tame. I can give a try to give you a recommendation for one if I knew what is the closest amusement park to you. also try going to the r/rollercoasters subreddit there are lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people there. https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/

Some people naturally enjoy those feelings on a roller coaster - they get a rush from the height, the speed, the drops, the loops, etc.  Some people naturally fear those things.  If you just don't enjoy them, then it might be hard to "get over" this.  Many people enjoy them while also fearing them, and overcoming that fear usually involves more and more rides and positive experiences.  But if you just don't have fun, then that might not be something that would work for you.