promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

How to protect tv screen from damage ?

My God child accidently destroyed the tv screen with the umbrella I gave her.  It is spring loaded apparently the force was enough to kill the tv.  I am glad it was only a $250 tv which her parents are replacing. I just want to protect the screen so this does not happen again.  SquareTrade and Best Buy don't fix accidental damage on TV.

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

get a handy man to try this, cut a clear sheet of nice hard plastic to enclose the set,with vents on top for heat to escape,L hinges and brackets at the edges  joined

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Just don't let any kid that close to it, especially with an umbrella. No one is going to cover the expense of damage in a case like that.

• 2 months ago

Don't play where TV is placed. 

• 2 months ago

Prohibit playing with anything that could hit the screen. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Avoid placing toys or remotes on top of the TV. Create a restricted play area around the television. Use a proper TV stand or console; don't place it on top of a high piece of furniture.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

People just buy plexiglass for things like that.  Otherwise they do make outdoor tv housings that would server that purpose, but those would be very expensive.   Regardless very few people with kids need additional protection for their TV.  Spend a few dollars on some toys at a secondhand store, it will serve her better than an umbrella and be much safer for your TV.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'd say get a wall mount bracket and put it up out of her reach.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

For about $50 you can buy some good heavy plexiglass at Lowe's or home Depot. And make a screen protector

• 2 months ago

just take away the umbrella

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Here is another picture she gone.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.