Does anyone else remember chocolate cigarettes?

When I was a kid the local convenience store would sell chocolate cigarettes. It was basically a cigarette packet with chocolates in cigarette shape rolled with edible paper but I hear no one talking about it so sometimes at night I have a panic attack wondering if the chocolate cigarette was a trippy dream that I believed to be a memory or if anyone else remembers it.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I remember the hard candy cigs. with the red tip. B Ut not the chocolate ones. Fore the record I'm now 67--years--old. Childhood in Northern California.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I can vaguely remember having these when I was a kid, yes.

I don't think they were around for long,  they were replaced by the candy ones with a red tip.

• Never Polled
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Yes. The delicious powdery chalky sweetness...

• 5 months ago

No I only remember chewing gum cigarettes from the early 90s, you blow on them powder sugar shoots out like smoke, I used to buy them for a nickle each. 

• 5 months ago

The candy cigarettes when I was a kid weren't chocolate. They were a hard, brittle confection colored white with a spot of red at the 'lit' end. Like these:

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/products/candy-cigare...

While I never saw chocolate cigarettes, they were around and still are:

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/products/chocolate-ci...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes,the chocolate was awful.

Do you remember 'Spanish Gold' tobacco? Brown strands of sugary stuff.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, I remember them.

• 5 months ago

they didnt sell them anywheres when i was a kid, maybe they sold them where you were

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I remember them.

• 5 months ago

Yep I remember chocolate and candy cigarettes and the ones made out of bubblegum

• 5 months ago

There are candy stores in big cities that have 'retro' candy.  Like the dots on the roll of paper--remember those?  Beeman's chewing gum.  Stuff like that.  They all have candy cigarettes, both the white sugar ones and the chocolate ones.  Strangely enough, the boxes carry a tobacco warning!  8^)

I don't remember the paper being edible!  Maybe I just didn't know it.

You're not crazy.  Ask someone over 50 or 60 and they'll remember them.

• Billybean
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I remember the chocolate ones and also the white ones with the red dot on the end. The chocolate ones were nice, darker chocolate than milk chocolate.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.