Don’t want to drive anymore after accident ?

So I’ve been driving since august and i got my first into a accident 2 days ago. It wasn’t too bad. I was trying to merge into the next lane and I guess the guy was in my blind spot and I bumped his car. I wasn’t going that fast so it wasn’t that much that much damage that you can see on our cars and no one was hurt but now I don’t know if I should keep driving. I drove to work but I’m a lot more nervous now after this.

• Mr. L.

I feel you, I had my license 6 months when I was 16 and was in a Fatal car accident, my best friend died.  My parents sent me to a therapist, she really helped a lot in 6 months I was driving without fear, that was 40 years ago.  

Sure, keep driving.  "you know are aware of that kind of crash THAT WAS YOUR FAULT.  You know that to be true, read your training manual to see how you failed...AND don't do it again.  This time there was no injury.  NEXT TIME could be your death.  Be aware of that so long as you drive.    Your fault was "you did not turn your head and check your "blind spot".   These fender benders are not something police get involved in because there is no personal injury.

NEXT TIME IT COULD BE A BIG GRAVEL TRUCK...and your little car.   You barely marked the rubber of the tire of his truck while you personally are hurting real bad.

Avoiding these crashes is so easy to do, I would rather avoid them then be involved in them

That is the Reality of Driving.

No keep driving. Eveyone makes mistakes once in a while

my aunty doris ,said, (polish) name adamazek, micaleff stayed with my sister and brother in law frances adrian  reynolds sister in a marsden house in qld .He worked bought wanless garbage contract. doris acted wierd asked me not to go there why they stay with frances reynolds .but before i left the mark adamzek asked me to look at a radiator electric fan on his blue toyota .doris and mark live in hatton vale qld this blue toyota was not the one who stole the dianel morcom boys .I SAID TO ADRAIN REYNOLDS NEVER TO SHOUT AT  MR WANLESS show deep respect for a strict business man   .He even fell over dump bins 

One of those weird things that can upset our routine and sleep for a week or longer. Like having your arm cut off. Usually start driving like grandma on her way to church on Sunday. After a couple of months you will recover and resume your normal driving which is safer than the grandma going to church on Sunday driving. Had some dumb 17 year old girl with no license and no insurance do a right on red in front of me in 2018 and I boogered up her Toyota with my '91 Silverado. Her mother had given her the keys knowing she was unlicensed, stupid mother. Her insurance paid for my damages and I did half the work myself and a body shop did the painting. She should just feel lucky that an old fart like me was at the intersection that day and not some drug dealer doing 90 MPH running from the Police. Could have lost her 17 year old unlicensed uninsured daughter. 

• May

So You've made a statement.  So You have not asked a question.  So If you need advice, So see a counselor. So.

The "SO" generation....They have no clue that grammar matters.

Keep driving. You know your limitations so just be more careful. You can get convex lenses fitted to side mirrors so you won't have blind spots. But they take some getting used to. The images are distorted.

It's natural to feel the way you do, it happened only two days ago. Now you work out how to avoid that happening again. You can buy small round mirrors to attach to your side mirrors. They allow you to see in the blind spot. You can do what I do and quickly turn your head around to see if a vehicle is there before you change. You can buy those little stick on mirrors from any place that sells auto stuff, even in the $2 cheap shops. Don't give up driving because of this incident. You need your transport and independence. 

• Carson

You made a mistake.

Do not stop driving.

Once you stop you will never drive again without a lot of work.

Learn to adjust your mirrors better, use all three of them, especially merging and pay better attention. Go out and drive in light traffic. Just don't stop because of a mistake.

• Nancy

You should be more nervous. But don't let it make you stop driving. That doesn't solve anything. Let it make you more careful.

• I had a close one Sun night, 100% my fault. It did not sink in that  I could easily  have been Road Kill until later. Cant let those thoughts affect your instincts or you Will be RK.