pkjm17 asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Which is the better airport to fly to for Charlottesville, VA? (DCA, Dulles, or Richmond)?

Have to go to Charlottesville, VA for a wedding in May. Flying from Boston, so flying in to a regional airport near Charlottesville isn't possible. Would be on a Friday morning or afternoon, so is best to avoid the DC area traffic, and fly to Richmond, and in terms of distance?

I would Richmond as it is less congested.  It should be a shorter commute to Charlottesville from Richmond as well.  The only benefit I see for DCA is that it may be a more competitive route so the ticket prices may be lower and the flight frequency will be more.

Your best option is to fly from Boston to Charlottesville–Albemarle Airport. American, Delta and United all have flights with one connection in various places. It will save the drive from any of the other three airports. However, Richmond is the best option of the other three, it's about an 80 minute drive to Charlottesville.

Whichever destination gets me there the cheapest at the time I want

• IOM

Richmond is the nearest (74 miles).