Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 4 months ago

What the heck is milk of rock?? Alchemy ingredient?

I wonder just what “milk of rock” is. I found a potion recipe in the deep web for a potion that could help me improve my singing if added to the bathtub and bathed in.

I was able to figure out most of the ingredients except for Milk of Rock. What exactly is milk of rock?

• AgProv

This sort of thing?

• j153e

A book, "Saint Germain on Alchemy," might have a clue.

milk of poppy would be my guess. and it may fix your singing if your high you will sound better. its an ancient form of opium

Maybe it's milky quartz?

The healing properties of Milky quartz will help you dispel negative energies and gain a more positive outlook towards life. It will add more clarity to your perspective towards life, eventually heightening your intuitive powers.

• Mr. P

This is a problem when you start to study alchemy or any old recipes really. Quite often the ingredients are unobtainable or as with alchemy disguised to prevent lay persons using it.

It took me 20 years to discover what some meant.

I would suggest that for yours it would be a literal description, but there are many levels to magic and alchemy. For example if I told you that a cure for a sore throat involves collecting tree lichen - usnea, it may be that apart from the benefits of the lichen itself, just spending a day exercising in the fresh air would assist in the cure. Being told it will cure you works on your psyche so you feel more positive and the tea will actually cure a strep throat.

Think of where you may have seen rocks exuding a milk - in caves. (lime water actually) It is unlikely you can carry much of the water back so it would be more sensible to bathe in the cave water itself. While there you can relax and practice vocal exercises in the cave echoes -which will improve your vocal range.

Not everything is literal. You have to think outside of the book - or box.

Sperm.         

• Prince

That's the sacrifice of the youth. 

Cash superhouse.