Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

did i do wrong by my brother?

i am owing college funds which is preventing me from obtaining my Certificate..my brother gave me money to pay off the debt but I later found a Certified Letter of Completion from the College which was accepted in place of the Certificate...so I remained with the funds that my brother gave me to pay the debt....I used the money for something else....should i have given him back the money?

• audrey

Yes, of course you should have given it back to him.

• nancy

Yes, you did the wrong thing. Your brother gave you the money for a specific purpose. If you didn't need it for that purpose, you should have returned it to him, or at least asked if he was OK with you using it for something else.

You owe the money to the college.  You will have to find a way to pay them.  This debt is not going away.  Spending the money your brother gave you was idiotic.  Go and confess before he finds out.