Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 4 months ago

Will An Acting Career Age You Faster Than Other Jobs?

All the stress of rejections, rude people, facial expressions, does acting career age you faster?

Imagine if you're an actress who has to practice crying everyday or wrinkling your face frowning/making sad faces.

Wouldn't you get wrinkly quickly?

• Cogito

No, I don't believe so.

Yes, it's stressful, but so are hundreds of other jobs.

As for facial expressions, the whole purpose of acting is to be realistic.  Actors don't make any different or any more expressions than anyone else.  

In fact, those who act mainly on TV or in movies have to rein back their expressions so they don't look exaggerated on film.

And actors don't practise crying much - if at all.  Some can produce tears to order while most cannot.  I've never heard of any actor spending hours making themselves cry!

No.  In fact, an acting career can motivate a lot of people to take better care of themselves with a good diet and exercise.  As an actor, your body is your tool and so you want to take good care of it.

No.

I've been acting since high school and most people underestimate my by a decade or more.