Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 2 months ago

Fun DC comic characters?

I'm quite new to comics. But I'm quite picky with what I'm interested in. I tend to have a short attention span for stuff with a bunch of seriousness.

I started with Harley Quinn comics, which I LOVE  but I've almost exhausted. I love how fun and crazy and energetic her comics are, and how she brings comedy and lightheartedness into other comics. 

Are there any other characters with comics I might enjoy?

Try finding the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League International.  It's older, but tons of fun.

I mean, you said DC, but have you tried Deadpool or Gwenpool on the Marvel side?  

The Batman: Lil Gotham series is a comedic series with characters drawn in a chibli art style. Each story revolves around a certain holiday or season, using a combination of heroes and villains from the Batman comics.

The Stephanie Brown Batgirl series by Bryan Q Miller is a more lighthearted series compared to most Batman comics. It features the longtime supporting character Spoiler/Stephanie Brown as the (at the time) new Batgirl.

You may also enjoy the recent novelization of Harley Quinn: Mad Love. It expands on the original Mad Love comic by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, and focuses more on her past in Coney Island and her time as a psychiatrist in Arkham.There is also the much more serious and darker origin story Harleen by Stjepan Šejić.

My favorite current DC series is Dial H for Hero, about two teens who find a phone that can turn them into a random superhero, and they’re on the run from a group of people who their own phones. It’s a really cool book and showcases a ton of different art styles all being drawn by one artist. I’d also recommend Gwenpool if you like Harley, it’s about a girl named Gwen who’s a comics fan from the real world who gets sucked into the comics and knows everyone’s secret identity and becomes a mercenary. Also you could check out Deadpool, he just had a new series that started a couple months ago, and also I’m a fan of Spider-Man/Deadpool which was a teamup series that went on for a few years and was pretty good. 

Superman!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): Read all of the #Comics!!

No. Grow up. Jeez...louise.