Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

Could I be seen as playing games or unreasonable?

Company mistakenly offered part-time internship for summer, when I want a full-time internship for summer, plus the area they focus in is not 100% I'm interested which isn't ideal for me, so I suggested an alternate deal that I would accept it as a spring internship and I will take time off from school for that. It turns out it was a full time internship(they made a mistake) and I told them I would be really interested in spring internship whether it be part time or full time and I would recommend candidates to take summer position since I am still conducting interviews with other companies.

Do I look like a jerk or seem to be playing games or am I being reasonable to explore the options? They did say they hire students part time during school year for those who have interned for them.

I gave them assurance by making firm expressions that I will accept the offer if it is for spring internship regardless of it being full time or part time (since the company isn't very big and it probably takes a lot of effort to hire people, but they said they do offer part time work during the school year for students that performed well during their internship)

If they offer me for spring, I will accept it in a heart-beat.

I want to go into pure software, they do software + hardware... so they aren't my ideal choice :(

i dont think its unreasonable

It is not about what you want. It is about what they need. The employer is the one who decides when and what he needs, and chooses the who to do it. You have little or no say in the matter. Don't get demanding or they will just tear up your resume and not call you back.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.