sarah asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

My son might have started masturbating. I would appreciate advice.?

My 12 year son might have started masturbating as I heard his bed shaking last night along with breathing. Should I purchase a UV light to search his room for bodily fluids when he goes to school?

We have not talked to him about sex in any way so if this is true then I’ll be dragging him straight back to church and grounding him. 

What are other signs that your child may be masturbating without you knowing?

God doesn't hate people for masturbating. Don't uv light gestapo your child. Don't scar your child like my parents scarred me. My mom keeps being miserable she doesn't have grand kids - don't teach your boy sex is wrong or their body is wrong. That's how you get porn addicts instead of young boys interested in girls.

Teach your boy you love them, and how to love others. How to respect girls.

Nothing wrong with yanking the old crank every now and then. 

Please be a troll...if you're not you're a filthy hypocrite! Everyone does it especially teen boys and if you don't want to give him serious mental issues...you will leave him alone and ignore it.

That is a very normal and healthy activity for pre teen/teenaged kids to partake in. If you ground him for that, you're a tad bit crazy.

• Wilma

Leave him alone it's normal. Chruch is for narcissistic people stay away from there. You will fit in fine but your son he's normal and it would be detrimental to his well being.

When you suspect he is doing this, walk in and ask "are you ok" or say what is going on I hear noise.  Let him know he is not getting by this this behavior.

Let him masturbate if he wants to. You can talk about it if you want to, and give him some old rags or towels so he can clean up the mess after he is finished masturbating. 

If you feel you need to talk to him about it, all you have to tell him is to keep it private, clean up any mess (leave no evidence) and to avoid porn as it is not an accurate depiction of real world events.

• Bucky

The Holy Bible is silent about masturbation. Consequently, there is no reason to believe that masturbation is sinful or immoral.

Don't make up sin that is not there.

Masturbation is beneficial because it provides for the need to ejaculate semen. Masturbation is fun, pleasant, enjoyable, safe, healthy, normal, harmless, contributes to prostate health, relieves sexual tension, and pain from overfilled seminal vesicles. Frequent masturbation prevents wet dreams, and the painful condition known as “blue balls”. Masturbation leaves one with a feeling of relaxation, contentment, and well-being. Masturbation aids sleep when done before bedtime.

• ron h

There IS something about a man "spilling seed" on the ground..   Also, eating lobster is bad. 

• Brian

Yeah, church and grounding will sure make that stop.