Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

Do our thoughts come from nowhere?

41 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

According to me thoughts come from the mind and mind not only generates thoughts but also receive thought waves from external sources.That may explain the fashion mania etc.And mind is situated everywhere in the body and not limited to brain,Any takers for this thought?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

According to me thoughts come from the mind and mind not only generates thoughts but also receive thought waves from external sources.That may explain the fashion mania etc.And mind is situated everywhere in the body and not limited to brain,Any takers for this thought?

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Different thoughts of different places, much like dreams have different sources.

Related:

The Path of the Higher Self;

The Master of Lucid Dreams;

Autobiography of a Yogi;

Watch Your Dreams;

The Great Divorce;

Light Is a Living Spirit.

• 2 months ago

They're the result of neurons firing in your brain from internal and external stimuli

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

In my experience I found that thoughts are verbalized stimulation, caused by the brain. Talking to ourselves is a more natural thing to do, instead of receiving a paragraph of information in 1 second the whole time. So the thoughts in our head, whether it is words or images, are our consciousness interacting with brain activity.  

• 2 months ago

Thoughts come from a combination of sources - psychologically and mentally that is executed by physical means.

• 2 months ago

No they come from your stomach

• 2 months ago

With "Jesere" I too would argue that our thoughts come-from-the Mind, so to speak.

For example  "with imitation" thoughts of a more-crude-description come

a somewhat unrefined, observed, naïve collective consciousness" could 

take-a-hold within the NEWLY FORMED mind...

GENERAL so-defined-thoughts though, I would sensitively argue come

from a place deep within the brain  (any regularly formed one that is) which

is ordinarily called "the Mind".

AN Environmentally reflected (mindful) area called or defined as "one's mind"

in such a mind it may be said that "rational, critical thought" meets it's

environmental, behavioural conditioning so to speak.

A conditioning which of-course-is CONDITIONED BY THE INDIVIDUAL'S

senses^....   

Source(s): ^ See for example G.Thunberg's own description of such when she understood* & interpreted* this shared Environment-information.
    • ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

and of course this INCLUDES as-it-so-happens for us A CRITICAL Environmental present.. a present where PHILOSOPHY has Much to offer - much help & expertise we here should know (hence my above insistence that we get-to-it so to speak !) )

• 2 months ago

Thoughts, as opposed to brains, have no physical existence. Thoughts and the mind are composed of concepts, so while they are generated by an object that has a physical location, they have no location themselves. They come into existence, and/or cease to exist, as brain activity dictates. In the sense that they have a source, one could say that thoughts come from brains, but they don't travel from any location or to any location. 

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They come from our mind (not to be confused with the brain) and sometimes from the collective consciousness

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.