Is it true with daca you can apply for in state tuition and state financial aid?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • nancy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends on the state you live in. Some states do offer in-state tuition for DACA students, and a few also allow them access to state financial aid. But others don't allow either, so you would need to check with your state's higher ed department to determine what you're eligible for.

• martha1 month agoReport

I’m not daca by the way

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

DACA students are not eligible for federal aid.  Some states (16 last I heard) allow DACA students to receive in-state tuition.  Some also allow students to apply for state-provided financial aid.  They are free to apply for private aid and institutional scholarships.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on the regulations of the state. They're not all the same.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Anybody can apply for anything.  That doesn't mean they'll get it.  Also, I don't know what states even offer student financial aid because the three states I went to college in certainly didn't.

• MS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Almost every state offers some form of financial aid - grants or scholarships - to in-state students who meet certain criteria (need-based or merit-based).  Federal aid is available to students who qualify in all states.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.