SIR

Gamers, be honest. Would you still play video games if you were no good at them?

If you could never even come close to completing single player games or never win online multiplayer matches. Would you still play?

I sure as hell wouldn't. Losing over and over again only to feel like a failure and want to throw my controller is NOT my idea of fun.

You guys are missing what I said. I said if you could *never* get good. In other words, no matter how many years of practice you had, you could never get good at video games. Would you still play?

• 6 days ago

MOST of Them do... 🤦‍♂️

HAHAHA, I guess if I could "never" get good, I may stop playing. Why do you suck so bad? Work at it. I don't play Online.

I would never have to think about that coz I am excellent at all the video games, especially the new Tetris 2 that I think is a definite contender for game of the year.

• Wilma

Yes, I do that all the time.

Yes, because you can only get better and better if you tried hard enough but also played smarter.

I would still play them but probably not as much

There are games that I am not good at and don't like to play, so I don't play them.

But there are games that I do enjoy playing.  I just put in about 60 hours in Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Encore and over 120 hours into Dragon Quest XI S. 

If I wasn't doing well, I would have stopped a long time ago.

This is why some games have unrated modes (considered "Casual" or "Scrub" mode), as it allows those who aren't professionals, like those who are learning or just not willing to take the countless hours to "GIT GUD".

While winning a match is the obvious objective, taking a different objective in a game can be more enjoyable as it adds an interesting twist.  Games like Ultimate Chicken Horse is one game where everybody is trying to challenge EVERYBODY with an increasingly ridiculous gauntlet of hazards you have to transverse.  The game makes it easier to troll your competitors in the process.  Going to Free mode makes it easier to experiment with the placement of obstacles, just to see how thing interact with each other...  like the effects of black holes on projectiles like crossbow bolts, which can curve the bolt into a perpendicular trajectory around the black hole.  Another thing is to experiment with honey-adhered objects to see what moving monstrosities you could concoct.

Other, more social games like the Jackbox series, plays on the randomness & ideas of the players... where the "raunchiness" of the content in most games is based on the active players.  This can present some truly outrageous content that you might not expect.

It's more of a question on how you choose to play.

I played Eve online for 7 Years and never got a kill, and have 2000 hrs in Xcom 2 Long War and Legend still eventually kicks my kester, and I play World of Tanks despite always seeming to be the only one to grasp the tactical situation and thus getting swiss cheesed trying to hold off 5 tanks alone... so I guess yeah if it fun and not frustrating. 

To an extent. If I was considered an "average" gamer in terms of skill, I would still play them, but if I was the lowest rank in every game or lost to a boss fight 100 times, I probably would not. Depending on the game, they are more fun the better you are at them.