promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How old were you when you realized there was not a real Santa Claus?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I was 8. Caught my parents putting my bike together!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

When my older brother told me.  He was 9 and I was 7.  Mother had told him minutes before and said 'don't tell your sister' so he did exactly that and I ran indoors crying because I didn't like what he'd told me. She then scolded him for telling me. It's not a good lie to tell in the first place, eventually the truth must come out and that brings sadness and disappointment. I taught my children the truth about why we celebrate Christmas  so we never had Santa in our home. Best decision we ever made and it made absolutely no difference to the gifts they received etc.or they enjoyment of the day but other parents hated us for not going along with the lie.

• Tom
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

When I was ten or eleven-simply put.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was aged 7 and scared Santa would kidnap me and make me an elf as the disappearance of Melissa Brennan was all over the news and she was taken from a Christmas Party. This made me think Santa did it and made her an elf.

The things little kids come up with.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was 7. It was the worst Christmas.

• 2 months ago

At the same time I heard about him. I asked my father if Santa is a real person, and he said no.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.