Outfits for Norway/Sweden?

Hi! I’m going to Oslo and Stockholm from March 12-19 and was just wondering what you guys would recommend for me to wear! I’m from Houston Texas so I’m really used to higher temps! 

One of the coldest June's I ever spent was in Oslo.  My traveling companions and I were wearing thick jackets against the cold, hats too to keep bald pates warm.

I recommend you pack for layering.  Be able to don or doff layers of clothes as the temperatures swing from high to low and back again.

Burkas and other Islamic dress is common there now

Source(s): European

wear earmuffs and maybe a straw hat to blend in with the locals

• F

I was in Norway last March / early April. On arrival in Oslo it was snowing and rthen we went to Bergen where it was cold and wet and also snowing. In the mountains between Bergen and Oslo , there was still masses of snow and frozen lakes.

However, in Oslo a week later, people were swimming in the sea.

It's going to be pretty chilly. Take layers. We take silk underwear- you can buy sets online. It's a light layer of a silk top and tights that go under whatever you wear, and really helps to hold in the heat. You need a really warm jacket, gloves, scarf and hat. I live in a warm climate, too, and often go to Paris in January, so I have some things that I've bought online just to take there. You don't need very expensive outer things- you'll take them off inside- but you really don't want to be freezing all the time. 

• hihi!

Samantha, I wrote as if you were a guy. I didn't look at your name. Hopefully all is sensible still. For the girls, heavy jeans may be hard to find. My wife's are SO light when I hang clothes... So for sure, bring insulated waffle weave long underwear.

Howdy, l'm over in Russia. Gismeteo is pretty good. A month out they can't really predict weather, but give expectable temps. l'm not sure of humidity, it can chill you as l run away from cold Texas winters to here.Dry cold Russia.

Temps on Gismeteo for Oslo 30 days out look like a range of +7 to -10 CELSIUS. 43F to about 15F. Stockholm is about the same.

In Russia, all winter l have worn only Rustler heavy denim jeans and Wrangler $10 shoes from walmart. I recently began to wear my "winter boots" as the shoes are too slippery in snow and ice. We have snow mid Nov to April. Never goes away... So I suggest regular jeans (not too thin, Wranglers or Rustlers 13 3/4 ounce denim) and for good measure, bring long john underwear. (Waffle weave insulated shirt and leggins.) Then I wear a waffle weave longsleeve shirt (not the underwear but with a print- a few skulls!!?! or an orange one) if it is -10C, l add a hoodie. (keeps wind off your neck) The hoodie is fleece. On top is a ski jacket (Minnesota Wild hockey) also with a hood.HEAVY GLOVES leather ski gloves. We had -39 years ago, I had special boots added a ski bib to jeans and long johnsAND a warm sweater But all that is not needed. DO take a sweater. Bear in mind you will walk a lot and may overheat.Today is -9, so I will only have the waffle weave skull shirt and ski jacket. Mostly I'll be driving around town, but will walk a few hundred metres.

Keep checking Gismeteo and remember those +1s and -1s are CELSIUS!! 30-34F!! Enjoy the travels!!

Clothes.­­­­­­­