promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
g asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 4 months ago

what is canada like?

Update:

whats your experience have been like in Canada?

what part of canada have you been to?

what is the weather like over there?

what are the people like there?

do you like it in Canada? 

would you recommend someone vacation or move there?

whats the differences and similarities of usa and canada?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

What is Canada like - BIG with a diverse climate.   We lived out there for 13 years after my husband was head-hunted.

Canada isn't a country for the elderly especially without family there too.

We lived to the NW of Toronto.

The weather can be extreme (S.Ont) from very cold to hot and humid.  What bothered me was how long Winter was - from late October to early April some years and then the humidity of Summer which had me indoors during the daytime with basements and air conditioning.

The people were friendly and in general welcoming.  Various ethnic groups do tend to stick together - Chinese, Italians for eg.

For the most part yes it was quite an experience, although when things got bad, there's nothing like roots which is why we returned home when things went pear-shaped

I'd go visit before making the decision to move there (if you can - you do need a Visa for both situations, depending on where you come from).

Canadians won't like it, but we found S.Ontario was really virtually the same as over the border into America.  When there, however, Toronto was comparatively safe and clean.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

Everyone says "Sorry, EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and kisses moose in the street. And they're army is snowman cause how white they're.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

whats your experience have been like in Canada?

Favourite foreign country.

what part of canada have you been to?

BC and Alberta. Ontario.

what is the weather like over there?

Went for the whole of June last time. Snowing , 4C at the start, 32C at the end.

what are the people like there?

Ones I met, mainly friendly, though when i posted something about Calgary on Tripadvisor ,i got hostile abuse.

do you like it in Canada?

yes

would you recommend someone vacation or move there?

Vacation definitely.

whats the differences and similarities of usa and canada?

They don't want to shoot you. Cars , city centres very simliar to USA

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Canada is still under the reign of our royalty from Britain and follows our British political system. Otherwise, it seems to be like America. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It depends on where you are.  Canada is a HUGE country; as big as all of Europe.  What is Europe like?

I have been to every province, and territory.  BC, and Yukon are mostly mountains.  BC has the wettest place on the planet, but, also hot desserts.  There are palm trees in parts of it.  Weather really varies, from super cold in northern Yukon, to exceedingly hot in the Okanagan.  Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are the prairies, so, pretty flat, but, the people in them are quite different, even if the geography is similar.  For example, the people of Alberta are quite right wing generally, and resemble Texans in their attitudes.  Saskatchewan is much more left wing, and tend to be more like farmers.  Manitoba is a mix of both.  And, all three have loads of natives in them as well, especially in northern areas where the main language might be Cree.  Weather tends to be dry, and cold in winter, and hot in summer.  Ontario, and Quebec are similar in geography, but, again, not in people.  Quebec is mainly Francophone, but, Ontario has people from all over the planet.  Well, all of Canada does, but, especially in Ontario.  Weather there is cool in winter, and really hot, and humid in the summer.  New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia make up the Maritime provinces.  NB is the only bilingual province in Canada, and Acadian French is spoken mostly in the northern half of the province. PEI, and NS are mostly English speaking, with French pockets, but, it is a different French from what they speak in Quebec (and, France, as it happens). Weather is mild - fairly cool all year round.  Newfoundland (and, Labrador) is Canada's newest province.  While a bit similar to the Maritimes, the people there are a bit different.  Mostly a mix of West Country English, and Irish, but, they have developed their own culture over the last 500 years or so.  And, the strongest accents in Canada!  With a great culture in music, and story telling.  The North West Territories is mostly cold, and pretty empty.  The population contains a very high percentage of natives.  Nunavut is even more sparse, colder, and contains mostly Inuit, although lots of white people live in the Capital Iqaluit.

I love Canada!  I chose to be a Canadian (I am an immigrant).  It is similar to the USA in some ways, but, not in many.  It is a lot more sparsely populated, especially in northern areas.  And, it is a wonderful place to visit, but, pick an area:  you cannot do all of it in two weeks!

• 4 months ago

You wouldn't like it. They are reasonable, tolerant and friendly really. They treat each other well too.

• Damien
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

coldest country in the world, very awful from dec to march, a couple of the provinces get so much snow it goes above your car and house door, hard to get a place to live in a big city here cause everyone wants to sell their house for close to a million bucks while the government doesnt care to do anything about it.Rent alone is more than minimum wage and u move to a small city , there are no jobs, healthcare is free for most things that are expensive, not stuff u can afford such as eye care tests, prescriptions arent free, daycare for your kid is 1000 or more per month , the cost of everything is insane.

• 4 months ago

It's like Canada.

Do you have a more specific question?

Or a question about a more specific part of Canada? (it's a large and varied country)

• 4 months ago

It’s like hell but hell is more enjoyable. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.