promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can the coronavirus infect people from packages?

I ordered sound foam from amazon on feb 6, it already arrived, feb 8. I did not even bother paying amazon for it to come any quicker, it's an ordinary shipping option. It arrived in a plastic bag, I unpacked it only to see a sticker that says "made in china" I told my family If I should be worried and they were paranoid. I threw out the plastic bag in the recycling bin and currently keeping the sound foam under my bed. Washed my hands, and now typing this. Should I even be worried about the coronavirus infecting me? can shipments from china even arrive in canada in about 1/2 days?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Nothing you touch is free from bacteria nor has it ever been. 

COVID-19 has tested positive on inanimate objects up to 9 days later. 

But it's unlikely to actually spread from a product or packaging.

The primary way it spreads is from person to person from coughs, sneezes, and talking (spit). 

Made in China means it was made in China.  If you don't see Chinese shipping labels on your package, then your package hasn't been in China anytime recently.

But since even the First Lady of Canada is infected with COVID-19, it's bouncing around your country too (so you trolling is really dumb).

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

It should be fine to handle now.  Apparently the virus can survive on some surfaces for 72 hours or more.

• 2 months ago

No, you cannot get it from the package. The virus cannot survive the shipping process.

• Gash3 weeks agoReport

Packages barely survive the shipping process.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no you should not worry and no it didn't come from China in 2 days it came from Amazon's warehouse.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

THEY LIED About - The virus lives on objects for 24 hours.  APPARENTLY, IT LIVES ON SURFACES FOR NINE DAYS. So even if it was initially on the product, it would be dead by the time you got it, since it was shipped from China and then sat in Amazon's warehouse for a while.  All of that can't happen in just 24 hours.

Source(s): Have been studying the Coronavirus for the last two days. I had my own concerns about ordering directly from China, which I wouldn't do. Amazon warehouse items - I believe are safe.
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

COVID-19 and hundreds of different bacteria can live on the package for weeks.  The longest COVID-19 has tested positive is 9 days. 

• 2 months ago

i dont think so, i got a robot vacuum from amazon and it came from china and i never had a problem with it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That plastic bag is full of Chinese air.  You could be patient zero in your town.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A package from China would NOT make it to Canada in just two days.

That means that this items was MADE in China and shipped to a US or Canadian distribution center at a much earlier date.

There is even a good chance that the item was in your country BEFORE the start of the virus.

You should not be paranoid.  Current items coming from China would be quarantined long enough that surface viruses would die.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think so, i bought a robot vaccum on amazon and it came from china and i never got sick from it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

SMH. Yes, Idiot...............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.