Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 2 months ago

are my lungs black yet?

i’m a 18 year old girl and i’ve been smoking for 4 years now, for now, i’ve smoked about 20K cigarettes. Do you think my lungs are black yet or I haven’t smoked enough?

• PAMELA

You have early lung disease.

• Edna

You're only 18 years old & you've been smoking for only 4 years. You're going to have to smoke a LOT more cigarettes for a LOT more years before your lungs will turn black (if they ever do). 

I'm surprised they're still working. Do you also sleep on a mattress stuffed with asbestos?

• TSK

You are on the way to dying early I am afraid...

You are getting a good start on it. Getting a job in a coal mine will speed things up.

• Murzy

You have damaged your lungs and will pay the price for it later in life. Stop now and you may be able to reverse some of the damage.

You haven't have asthma and haven't admitted into icu, still surviving.

Until last year I smoked around 40 cigs a day for over 20 years and then I changed to vaping and at that time my lungs were not black and as you have been smoking for about 4 years I doubt yours will yet be black but what about your arteries getting clogged which affect your heart and circulation? or damaging your kidneys? Saying that it is not just smoking that can cause these problems because alcohol and junk food do the same, Google it if you don't believe me. You are still young and able to stop smoking etc to have a long healthy life, Good Luck

• Sandy

they're getting black but given your age, they're also underdeveloped. short of breath at all? good a way any to self destruct. happy yet?

• audrey

Probably just a lovely shade of gray.